Got my LSI 9207 delivered and installed today!
Here is the approximate sequence of events:
- Updated backup
- Shutdown server, replaced Adaptec 6805 with LSI 9207
- Rebooted server into live media
- Discovered that I was able to see past the RAID metadata and import the existing ZFS pool
- Using my favorite guide on the planet, updated the GRUB bits to make sure it would boot properly
- Voila! Rebooted and I was in my Ubuntu Xenial install just like before!
Curious to see if this will remedy the strange hangs my server has been experiencing lately.
The whole process took a handful of hours, but it mostly spent waiting on things (booting into live media, etc). Very simple procedure. We’ll see how things go from here!